Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Is it easy to change a basin set to mixer tap?

Henski
Cultivating a Following

Is it easy to change a basin set to mixer tap?

Hi, I currently have an old basin set am looking to replace with https://www.bunnings.com.au/estilo-wels-3-star-9l-min-basin-set_p5003016.
as it’s pretty much a like for like replacement with a a copper T bar under the sink.

how hard is it to change to a 1 tap mixer tap? Tia

Henski
Cultivating a Following

Re: Basin set to mixer? easy change?

also, how can I know what size the hole is in the basin till it’s removed to know wha t tap to buy, a set or a mixer, pic attached F114902F-EC3F-4199-9266-6D04D091DE5D.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Basin set to mixer? easy change?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Henski. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing tap sets.

As you've mentioned, the ability to install a sink mixer will depend on the size of the current spout/tap holes, and you're not going to find that out until the copper T-bar is removed. Typically, there is enough room to pass the mixer's hot and cold hoses and the attachment bolt through a tap hole. I've done the same conversion you are considering, and although it was tight, it was possible. You'll then need to block off the remaining two holes with basin cover plates

I'd encourage you to check out the regulations surrounding the installation of plumbing hardware in your area and employ the services of a qualified professional if required.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects