Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Is there an adaptor for my shower spindle?

Liy666
Just Starting Out

Is there an adaptor for my shower spindle?

I am trying to fit a shower mixer bought from overseas. However, the adaptor (20mm) come with it cannot fit into the current breech. The spindle seems 2mm wider than it. Please advise if there is an adaptor can help. Thanks

IMG_5443.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Is there an adaptor for my shower spindle?

Hello @Liy666 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your shower spindle. 

In this particular instance, I suggest speaking to a registered plumber and showing them what you are trying to do. Spindle sets and bodies have been designed in such a way that prevents modification. The breech will only accept standard sized spindles and nothing else. You can verify this by bringing your shower unit to the store and testing it on the breech sets available.

Your plumber might have information regarding adaptors, or they might be able to solder the unit to the breech assembly. This is something you'll need to discuss with them. Otherwise, if it is possible to send the unit back, I suggest getting a refund or exchanging it for a spindle that fits Australian standard breech fittings.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects