Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laundry makeover made easy

ChrisandTracey
Getting Established

Laundry makeover made easy

Kaboodle cabinets and top have been use to make the perfect modern and functional laundry.  What was once a small and uninspiring room, it is now a pleasure to work in.  

20231112_172214.jpg

Materials

600 wide pantry unit

900 wide base cabinet

Two 600mm Kaboodle open shelf units

One 900mm Kaboodle open shelf ( cut down to fit)

Almond Brittle bench top

Antique White - heritage doors

Antique White end panels

500mm square stainless steel sink

Gabana Rubeli decor tiles

Dunlop Grout and silicon ( Midnight Black)

Tools

Spirit level

12V circular saw 

Electric screw driver / drill

Jig saw to cut in sink

45 mm ceramic hole saw for plumbing to come through tiles

Tile cutter / Angle grinder

Steps

Step 1

Clear out the room .

Assemble both Kaboodle cabinets.

Install 900mm wide cabinet, and bring plumbing through floor and back panels.

Set the gap for Washing/ Dryer machines between cabinets.

Install pantry unit.  Make sure everything square and level.

Install End panels.

Cut the Top to length and Install. 

Cut out the hole for the Sink and join up the plumbing.

Swing doors and add handles.

Glue the tiles to back splash wall .

Install overhead shelves.( Note:  I had to cut the 900mm wide shelf down to 860mm to suit my gap)

Grout the tiles.

Job Complete.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Laundry made easy

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ChrisandTracey. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your wonderful project.

Congratulations on transforming your laundry into a sleek and functional space! The choice of tiles for the splashback adds a such a great touch, and the layout of the cabinetry is on point. I really love the whole look you've achieved here and you must be just thrilled with the results.

It's inspiring to see how your efforts have turned what was once a small and uninspiring room into a pleasure to work in—well done!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Laundry makeover made easy

Well done @ChrisandTracey and welcome to the community. You should be really proud of what you have done. 

Do you have any before photos of the laundry so members can see the transformation?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Laundry made easy

Thanks for your comments Mitchell.

This is what the laundry looked like before the renovation.  As you can see it was less than welcoming to work in.  We now smile when walking in the room.

Screenshot_20231113_213107_Gallery.jpg

ChrisandTracey
Getting Established

For those that wanted to see what the room looked like before the renovation, as you can see it was a depressing space.   The refit has made the area lighter and somehow more spacious.  From cabinet making, fitting out, plumbing. Tiling and painting it took us about 1 full day and two afternoons to complete. 

Screenshot_20231113_213107_Gallery.jpg

RenoRach1
Making a Splash

Ooooooh, you had me at *those* tiles and the colour scheme...but I'm biased because I chose a blue and white colour scheme for my utility room reno, too! Loving the clean lines and especially your sink.

Your 'before' laundry shots aren't too bad; mine could be used as setting for a film that's shot in a filthy dungeon... But, like you, now, as soon as anyone in the family puts an item in the dirty laundry basket, I'm practically skipping to my utility room to wash it!

Congratulations and enjoy the fruits of your hard labour!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects