Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laundry reno DIY

kwakagrl
Building a Reputation

Laundry reno DIY

Hi, I'm new to this forum but I have had a look around and I am sure I have seen where a Bunnings Team Member did some drawings with what it could look like and I am hoping a Team Member could help me out with the same. 

This is the current layoutThis is the current layout

This is the current layout with a drier mounted to the wall above the washing machine.

We are getting a new drier which cannot be mounted so needs to go next to the washing machine on the floor. so the double door cupboard will need to be replace with the single door broom cupboard. 

I also want a bench to go along on top of the machines and a sink to be fitted into the bench with a mixer tap. and overhead wall cupboards.

There is a sliding glass door to outside wich takes up the entire back wall and the bench will need to stop short of that. I am thinking Bamboo laminate bench from bunnings.

I have a plumber booked to change the washing machine taps and other work and an electrician to insall a powerpoint under bench level but I hope to do everything myself, including tilling as the current tilling goes around the built in cupboard and free standing sink. so any tips would be appreciated. 

Please excuse my rough drawings, I hope they make sense. 

Thahks in advance 

new laundry.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Laundry Reno DIY

Hi @kwakagrl

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your questions about your laundry renovation.

It's great that you've decided to give your laundry a renovation. This is a fantastic opportunity to renew and refresh the look and feel of your laundry. Thank you for posting the measurements of your room and the conditions we should be aware of. I've listed down a few tips for your laundry renovation.

• Push your washing machine to the wall and layout where the water hoses and electrical cord are going. Modern washing machines have notches or channels that allow the unit to be pushed right up against the wall. Do the same for the dryer. Once you've determined where the machines are going you can indicate to the plumber and electrician where the services should be located. 
  • Make sure all the items you need to begin and finish your project are in your house. Items such as tile glue, grout, paint, and Kaboodle cabinets should all be present. This will save you a lot of time and effort as you will just concentrate on the assembly and installation.
  • Double-check stud locations and services cutouts. Nothing ruins your day like drilling a hole in your brand new cabinet in the wrong spot. 

Here is the list of Kaboodle cabinets I used for your laundry.

If you wish to be sure of the position of all the items in your laundry assemble the pantry and base cabinet. Line them up along the wall with the washer and dryer. Don't forget to include the panels, this will now show you exactly where everything will be. You can now be very confident with your placement of the plumbing and electrical services.

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular laundry renovation projects

Here is an excellent guide by one of our members: How to plan a laundry renovation by @Adam_W

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
kwakagrl
Building a Reputation

This is great! thank you so much.

kwakagrl
Building a Reputation

Hi Eric, Thank you for the drawings, it really helpful to visulise how it will look and what will fit in the space. Also the Acacia project panel is beautiful and very reasonably priced! I had a look at the products you suggested and there are some out of stock. I also am trying to keep cost down so I was looking at substituting with the Flatpax Laundry range and all the doors and hardware are included. Do the Flatpax need end panels? there doesnt seem to be any listed. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @kwakagrl

If you were swapping the Kaboodle cabinets for the Flatpax system the sequence would be:

• 900 base cabinet
  • 450 pantry cabinet
  • 900 wall cabinet (2X)

The Flatpax systems do not require finishing panels as the ends of the cabinets are already finished. You'll need to use the 450mm pantry as the Flatpax does not have an 800mm base cabinet. You will also need to change the wall cabinets to 900mm. It will still fit as you have enough space in your laundry to accommodate these cabinets. Please remember that the Flatpax cabinets are complete and contain all the parts you will need.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects