Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laundry update with new benchtop and subway tiles

AJS
Growing in Experience

Laundry update with new benchtop and subway tiles

Inspired by other posts I persuaded my husband to make over our laundry, repositioning the water and power under the bench created clear wall space to apply the subway tiles and replacement of the stand alone laundry trough with a cupboard and sink complemented the bench top installation.  Im extremely happy with the results and think the update looks fantastic!

AfterAfterIn progressIn progressBeforeBefore

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Laundry Update

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @AJS. What a stunning transformation you've shared.

I love the styling you've chosen. Was the whole project smooth sailing, or did you run into any difficulties or particular successes? Would you mind sharing an estimate of approximately how much this cost? I trust any details you could provide to our members would assist them in their projects.

Many thanks for sharing, as I'm sure it will provide some great inspiration. Looking forward to your next project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
AJS
Growing in Experience

Thanks for the compliment!  Our project came in at just over $1300, noting that we only purchased one Flatpax cupboard for the sink, (the others were existing from a previous update but as we used the Flatpax brand it was an easy match), the sink was purchased separately from a different supplier, everything else was from Bunnings.  We removed the shelf from the cupboard for easy installation of the under sink plumbing (which was an afterthought) but really not needed and made more space for storage of a bucket, the kickboard and side panels next to  the cupboard had to be purchased separately.  Extra care was taken measuring the cutout for the sink on the bench top, not wanting to make a mistake we measured and checked about 10 times before cutting, then it was given 2 coats of clear satin for protection.  We also chose a tap which had a retractable nozzle for more flexibility when filling a larger bucket that may not fit into the sink.  Wanting to keep the bench top free for use we installed a hook on the wall for storage of the washing basket and also opted to install a small hand towel rail inside the cupboard, there was space on top of the dryer for 3 small bamboo containers which will be handy to store odd socks or loose items found when washing.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Many thanks for the additional details @AJS. They really help paint the whole picture.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects