Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Leaking Tap

kalradeepak
Growing in Experience

Leaking Tap

Need some advice to fix bathtub tap leaking. Please see attached video. It appears hot tap on the left needs fixing as water drop are hot coming from middle tap. Please advice if left tap requires opening or center from where water is coming. Also any detailed instructions with opening tab would be appreciated

Video is here

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FVqCCXVKei7Mnna49

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Leaking Tap

Hi @kalradeepak,

I would say it's the hot tap's valve that needs to be replaced if the dripping water is hot.

First, you'll start by turning off your mains water to the house. You then need to unscrew the button that I have marked with a red circle in the image below. Once that button has been removed, you'll be able to pull the handle off the tap spindle. When the tap handle is removed, it will expose the spindle which you can unscrew using a tap spanner. After you have removed the spindle from the wall, you can then replace the valve washer. When the valve washer has been replaced, you can then reassemble the tap, including any thread tape that might have been on the spindle.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects