Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Looking for washroom reno inspiration and ideas

Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Looking for washroom reno inspiration and ideas

Hey all, 

In between other projects, wife has left it to me to design / revamp our washroom. 

290389401_550645376713998_3219272889293401764_n.jpg

As you can see, it's pretty 'meh', and while we are only in there a minimal amount of our day, this is our guests primary toilet / washer and I'd like them to feel a little more comfortable. Dimensions are as follows:

1500 (Basin and Mirror Wall) x 1750 (Toilet Wall). High ceilings.

LayoutLayout
Any design inspo would go a long way because... I'm just stumped, don't really know how to make a washroom better. 

Cheers guys

Remarka6le

Remarka6le
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Looking for: Washroom reno inspiration / ideas

Hi @Remarka6le,

Are you looking for purely aesthetical improvements, as the functionality of the space looks quite adequate? 

I'd swap that rectangular mirror out for a round one as it currently dates the bathroom. The mixer tap is also on the older side, and trends now revolve around matt black and brushed brass tapware. I'd suggest you colour coordinate the mirror frame, tapware, cabinet handles, toilet roll holder and hand towel holder

The only other items I'd look at are possibly updating the toilet to something more current, like a back-to-wall suit and filling the void above the toilet. You could take advantage of that area with some open shelves. If you go with black accessories, I'd recommend some lovely warm-coloured timber shelves that would offset the stark accessories nicely.

Let me mention experienced renovator @redbournreno to see if she has any thoughts.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Looking for: Washroom reno inspiration / ideas

Hey @MitchellMc

Don't mind building something to make things nicer, but deffs looking for pure aesthetical improvement as it's quite dated. As a minimum I'd probably look into changing the vanity as a whole, and I wouldn't mind filling that empty void next to it with something just so it isn't there. 

Remarka6le

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects