Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

My dream bathroom with claw foot outdoor bath

Wendy56
Cultivating a Following

My dream bathroom with claw foot outdoor bath

My Dream Bathroom was just that….in my dreams for 7 years!! I daydreamed, drew & dreamt about exactly how it would look,, starting with the  centerpiece - my claw foot bathtub, nestled amongst tropical foliage in an outdoor garden, with large pots, pavers, river pebbles, lights & garden screens from Bunnings.  I project managed & outsourced the tradies for carpentry, electrical, tiling etc. & began by removing the bath, window & partial wall to allow access to the garden.  It’s now a dreamy zen den enjoyed by all the family. 

Materials

Bunnings:

floor & wall tiles (Johnson Mars);  shower screen; black tap ware; grey pavers; polished river stones; black fiberglass pots; black garden screens 900x1800; illuminated led garden screen/light; indoor paint (resilience); outdoor paint (hammer grey) ; guttering; hardiflex; silicone; glue; grout etc 

Tools

Jack Hamner, Hamner drill, electric saw; grinder; tile cutter; hole saw

Steps

Step 1

Removed old bath tub, sliding window and partially removed wall to allow doorway access to garden.

IMG_8814.jpeg

Step 2

Removed old tiles and re-sheeted walls.

Updated plumbing and fitted new tap ware.

Installed outdoor plumbing for clawfoot bath.

IMG_8829.jpeg

Step 3

Tiled & waterproofed floor &. Walls.  Built new shower recess & fitted glass shower panel. 

IMG_9264.jpeg

Step 4

Updated lighting and sockets.

Painted interior walls, ceiling & exterior walls.

Fitted new window and door to garden.

IMG_8955.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: My dream bathroom with claw foot outdoor bath

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Wendy56. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your wonderful project.

Your dream bathroom is brilliant, and I trust you're thrilled with the results! Your vision for this space, with the centrepiece being the stunning clawfoot bathtub surrounded by tropical foliage in an outdoor garden, is nothing short of breathtaking. The beautifully polished result shows the thought and effort you put into planning and designing every detail.

All the fixtures and floor and wall tiles come together harmoniously to create a fabulous look.

How has the transformation impacted your daily life? Have you found yourself spending more time in this tranquil oasis, and has it become a place to unwind and rejuvenate?

Great work!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects