Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need help with ensuite renovation layout

Scootergirl
Getting Established

Need help with ensuite renovation layout

My small ensuite (1800 x 1800) currently has a vanity & a bath with the shower over the bath but no toilet. There is a narrow window above the bath. 
I want to remove the bath & just have a shower, & add a toilet. Whilst I don’t need a huge vanity, I want enough bench space so I can layout my makeup etc when I’m getting ready. 
I’m also hoping to change the current door to a sliding one to free up more space. 
I’m just not sure if there is room for what I want to do. 
Here is a sketch of my current layout

6FA19C6C-91AB-4FE9-A7F3-0167DC21A563.jpeg

Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Re: Ensuite renovation layout

Considering the dimensions of your ensuite (1800 x 1800), your desire to remove the bath, add a toilet, and create ample bench space for your makeup is definitely achievable. Transitioning to a shower-only configuration and incorporating a more compact vanity while maximising bench space are thoughtful choices for optimising the available area.

If I were in your position, I'd have the toilet directly to the right as you walk in so it's out of sight, I'd narrow the vanity as much as you're willing to go (and have face level storage like a nice looking, LED mirrored storage cabinet) and just have the shower to the right of it with a glass divider in between, no door, just walk in. If your door were to open out instead of in, would it collide with anything? It's an easier option than building the sliding, but I agree with your thoughts to free up space. 

Remarka6le
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ensuite renovation layout

Hi @Scootergirl,

As @Remarka6le has pointed out, there appears to be room for your desired options. I like their layout ideas. Alternatively, you could have the shower to the right of the door when you walk in and place the toilet next to the vanity, where the shelf currently is. Having the toilet next to the vanity will provide you with more space for the vanity rather than having the shower there, which will limit you to a 900mm vanity.

Here's a helpful guide: How to plan a bathroom renovation.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects