Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need help with my laundry off the kitchen

diykerry
Just Starting Out

Need help with my laundry off the kitchen

Hi Bunnings community, 

I'm looking for some inspiration for my laundry area that recently had a leak and has now been repaired. I wanted to make the laundry area look quite cool as it backs off the kitchen, which isn't very cool either at the moment. I don't want to move any plumbing and would like a sink to stay there if possible

IMG-1679.PNG.

IMG-1678.PNG

HELP!!!

Thank you :smile: 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Need help with my laundry, that is off the kitchen!

Hello @diykerry 

Thanks for sharing your question about revamping your laundry. I suggest having a look at this guide - How to plan a laundry renovation by @Adam_W. Your set-up is a little bit unique because where we would naturally anchor the cabinet to the wall the plumbing pipes are in the way.

The good news is that you can still have a regular Kaboodle cabinet installed right next to your washer. It will just need to be anchored to the floor. Your wall cabinetry will also need to be packed from behind so that it moves slightly forward to be in-line with the base cabinet. To prevent things from falling over to the back of the cabinet I've added an upstand to the back of the benchtop.

I've drawn up a sample sketch to give you an idea of the layout. Please let me know what you think.

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular laundry renovation projects

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects