Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need small feature tile for bathroom feature strip

Henski
Cultivating a Following

Need small feature tile for bathroom feature strip

Hi all, I’m looking at a bathroom reno and I like the idea of a black or charcoal floor tile with a white tile wall.

So a floor tile like  https://www.bunnings.com.au/duratile-30-x-60cm-london-black-porcelain-floor-tile-carton-6_p0271116 with a a wall tile like https://www.bunnings.com.au/duratile-30-x-60cm-white-gloss-ceramic-wall-tile-8-pack_p6661134

However, next to the shower I would like a floor to ceiling bar of tiles in a dark colour like in the pic below:

285C6578-8C37-4104-ADBF-11DE1F22E163.png

Do Bunnings have such a small feature tile?

Tx

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: bathroom wall tile feature strip of tiles?

Hi @Henski 

These tiles  could look quite sexy they certainly pop.

They come in 300 x 300 sheets OR 12 tiles across and down and they are  23mm x23mm But they can be cut into strips of 4 tiles by 12 tiles so you will have 3 strips  like in your  bathroom photo guide making them more economical.

See  what you think.   Nero mixed

Decor8 Tiles 300x300x8mm Nero Mix Marble Mosaic I/N: 6660482 $19.90

Henski
Cultivating a Following

Tx,I'll check out

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @Henski,

You got a great "sexy" suggestion from @Jewelleryrescue which will work very nicely with your new bathroom! You can also check out this option charcoal metal blend mosaic glass wall tile if you are wanting to bring in more grey tones. Very similar to the Nero mixed, it is 300x300 and can be easily cut into strips.

We would love to see your bathroom transformation so please send us a before and after and how you accomplished your look. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let us know if you need any further suggestions @Henski or what you ended up choosing.

Jason

Jessabella
Finding My Feet

Re: Need small feature tile for bathroom feature strip

I have seen the self adhesive ones that are quite small… they are made from vinyl and easy to cut too.. 

152D33AB-77B8-48CE-9A56-AF2F7EE71627.png

Hi @Jessabella 

Nothing wrong with the senso tiles if you want them.  Use a fresh ultra sharp blade with a steel rule and cut tile with blade running down at approx 45 degee to  tilesfor  the best clean  cut.  Try to cut the tile in one go steady firm pressure  so there is no halfway restart marks,

Love to see final results :smile:

@Jessabella,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community and thanks for joining in the discussion. 

We are looking forward to reading all about your projects and plans. Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. 

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects