Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New taps, no pressure

StephenXr
Finding My Feet

New taps, no pressure

Hi There,

Just purchase some Shaw and Masonhalf turn taps and installed over the weekend.

Great taps however I now have very little water pressure coming from the head unit.

Really like the taps and don't want to have to replace them again, has any one else had this problem?

Went back to the store to ask for some advise there however just got a shoulder shrug and a don't know.

Thanks in advance

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: New taps, no pressure

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @StephenXr. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Did you change the showerhead at the same time? 

After speaking with the Shaw & Mason technical advice line, they cannot identify why you would now experience a lower flow. The taps are full flow and are not restricted by any limiter. This is why I asked about the showerhead, as these are often limited with flow restrictors. 

The only other thing I can think of is that there might debris caught in the ceramic valve, or some of the old rubber washer was left in the wall. I find this unlikely if both the hot and cold have no pressure.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for your reply.

I took the taps back off and gave the valves and shower head a good clean.

I did find some tiny fragments of the old washer had clogged up the filter inside the head so got a small nail and cleaned them out.

Put everything back together and now working great.

Thanks again.

Hi @StephenXr,

It's great to hear that you fixed the issue.

Please let us know anytime you need assistance with a project around the house and garden. We're here to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects