Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Non-slip options for a textured tile shower?

curo123
Growing in Experience

Non-slip options for a textured tile shower?

My elderly Dad has a chair in his shower.The textured tiles are very slippery, so the chair moves around. What options are there are available to fix this problem.

I hope you can help.

Thanks 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Non slip options for a textured tile shower?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @curo123. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about slippery tiles.

What type of legs tips are currently on the chair? I'd imagine anything designed for a shower would have rubber tips which are typically best for slippery environments. If they are cylindrical legs and the current tips are plastic, you could consider swapping them out for rubber leg tips. This would help immensely. You might like to post a picture of the chair, including detailed shots of the chair tips, so our members can better understand the solutions they can suggest.

I'm concentrating more on the chair than the tiles because there are limited options available to you for the tiles. You could try using DTA 1L Anti Slip which alters the surface texture while maintaining the floor's appearance and is suitable for use around bathrooms. Alternatively, you can add anti-slip matting to the area where the chair is placed.

I'd suggest changing out the leg tips and adding anti-slip matting first as they are easy to do and could solve your issue. I'd also recommend seeking out what services might be available to assist seniors in their homes. You might find there are services available that will install grab rails in the shower.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
curo123
Growing in Experience

Re: Non slip options for a textured tile shower?

Thank you for your help.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects