Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Prime and paint 2009 Jayco shower stall

TammyLoffler
Just Starting Out

Prime and paint 2009 Jayco shower stall

Can you please advise the best product to paint this surface?  I am familiar with White knight products but the stall appears to be plastic.  It is a curved shower stall.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Prime & Paint 2009 Jayco Shower stall

Hello @TammyLoffler

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about what primer and paint should you use on a Jayco shower stall.

You're right the White Knight 500ml White Tub And Basin Paint is just for steel baths and basins. However, the Rust-Oleum Tub And Tile Refinishing Kit is compatible with fiberglass materials. Please note that the Technical Data Sheet clearly states, "Do not use on areas exposed to extreme heat such as stovetops, or constant high humidity environments such as shower stalls. Do not use in continuous water immersion such as swimming pools, hot tubs, ponds, or saunas." Although it may work on your shower, it will not last long and will either chip or deteriorate.

The reason most paints don't adhere to acrylic wall liners is that they are flexible. This constant movement creates cracks in the paint finish. Once that happens water enters the cracks and lifts the paint straight off the surface. I suggest engaging the services of a resurfacing professional. They will have the specialty tools and paint knowledge to resurface your shower stall.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects