Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Small toilet makeover

CourtyardMaker
Cultivating a Following

Small toilet makeover

Add the colour and light into this small toiletAdd the colour and light into this small toilet

Before makeoverBefore makeoverIMG_2314.jpg

As a beginner,we make over this small toilet for the first time, use mirror (acrylic mirror ) and extra LED strip lights to make it looks bigger! to maximize the space, cleaning tools and the bin are hided away beside toilet (inside the small door),top panel can be open for toilet maintenance. Happy with the results using these products:

-Acrylic mirror

-Warm white LED strip light (back of mirror)

-Easycraft panels & timber moulding

-Taubmans interior paint: Crisp white& Admiralty (Dark Blue)

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Small toilet makeover

I am so inspired and impressed by how classy you have made this toilet room.

Thanks for sharing yet another incredible project @CourtyardMaker. You have certainly been busy. 

If you feel comfortable, could you share the budget for this makeover? What's next on the project list?

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CourtyardMaker
Cultivating a Following

It's a low budget make over project, a lot of recycle materials were used in this guest toilet. We want to achieve recycle and up-cycle most of the materials in our home, also creatively using materials we bought from Bunnings!

A rough calculation of this budget make over toilet:

-Acrylic Mirror (240cm*120cm) used half of it : $100

-Easy craft panels: $ 96 from Bunnings

-Timber moulding 1.2m * 5: $21 from Bunnings

-LED strip lighting: $ 35 from Bunnings

-Paints : White color(leftover from previous project) Dark Blue 1L : $ 33 from Bunnings

-Ceiling Lighting: up-cycled from a planting pot

-Flooring : self adhesive tiles : $230

approximately total for this project: $ 515

Next Project will be our living room feature wall, using left over paint.

Great. Thanks so much for sharing the detail on products used and your budget @CourtyardMaker. Other members will find it really useful when considering their own makeover projects.

Thanks again,

Jason

Hi

First time DIYer here.

I am using the easycraft panels in my laundry. How do I fix it to the wall? Glue? If so, what type of glue?

Amanda

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @amandaCox 

Thank you for joining the discussion and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Let me tag @CourtyardMaker so that they are made aware of your question. It's great that you've decided to use Easycraft EasyVJ Panels. It's a great way to quickly change your wall and give it a totally different look. 

The most common adhesive used for the EasyVJ Panels is Selleys 320g Liquid Nails Original Construction Adhesive. However, it all depends on what material you are gluing on to. If you are planning to renovate your laundry, we would love to see any updates you can provide. I'm sure our members would be keen to see your project. 

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

CourtyardMaker
Cultivating a Following

Hi @amandaCox 

I am just about to post that I used the liquid nails glue to put the easycraft VJ panels on my toilet wall, couldn’t remember the names (liquid nails) but when I bought it from Bunnings, there’s choices for different walls, mine works really well, hope this helps you and looking forward to see your project here.

Courtyard Maker

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects