Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Splashback and floor for laundry - help please!

AprilGrim
Growing in Experience

Splashback and floor for laundry - help please!

62F0A08B-3756-488C-B0FE-34CF842EF7F7.jpeg

0830BE72-1164-4973-89B2-DD1E56B76232.jpeg

Hey all DIYers. I’m renovating my laundry. 

The bench top is going to be white, as are the cabinets. The paint is Brighton Mist, a very light grey blue colour. 

I would love to see what splash backs you have installed! Tile or otherwise, I’m open to anything that looks modern, fresh and bright!

Also in our laundry are these awful 70s mini brown mosaic tiles. I don’t know if I should go with a floating vinyl plank floor, or if I should use vinyl stick on. 

I’ve attached photos of the paint colour and you can see the floor in an older photo. 

Input appreciated! 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Splashback and floor for laundry - help please!

Hi @AprilGrim,

You might like to have a look at our top 10 most popular laundry renovation projects for splashback inspiration. Using tiles as a splashback will be the winner in most scenarios from a convenience point of view. However, I'll also be interested to see what our members have come up with.

I believe the Hybrid vinyl planks would be a better option than the stick on alternatives over tiles. The stick-on version is very thin and lacks an underlay, making them prone to distorting over tiles and showing the tile outlines after some time.

You should find this step-by-step guide useful: How To Lay Vinyl Plank Flooring.

I look forward to following along with your project, seeing what choices you make and providing assistance when you need it.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects