Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Studio bathroom

DIYgals
Becoming a Leader

Studio bathroom

We have finished the studio bathroom just in time for Christmas! And we are so stoked with the result!

IMG_5315 2.jpg

IMG_4617.jpgIMG_4618.jpgIMG_4870.jpgIMG_4880.jpgIMG_4888.jpgIMG_4889.jpgIMG_4892.jpgIMG_4901.jpgIMG_4904.jpgIMG_4936.jpgIMG_4939.jpgIMG_4941.jpgIMG_5014.jpgIMG_5018.jpgIMG_5033.jpgIMG_5236 2.jpgIMG_5316 2.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Studio Bathroom ready for Christmas!

Hi @DIYgals

Thank you for sharing pictures of your studio bathroom project. Your choice of Methven fittings is excellent as they have a very long warranty. Did you build the wall hanging vanity from scratch or was it purchased? I only mentioned it as it really caught my eye as the timber wood finish of the doors gives excellent contrast to the tiles. How long did it take to turn this bathroom around? What would your number one tip be for those wanting to replicate this project?

We look forward to seeing your next project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
DIYgals
Becoming a Leader

Re: Studio Bathroom ready for Christmas!

Thanks @EricL ,

It took us a couple of weeks working on weekends, not too long really. The prep work of the floor and walls ready for waterproofing and tiling is what took the longest. Once that was done it was pretty quick.

This was our first tiling job, so we learnt a lot very quickly. My number one tip would absolutely be to try and clean up as much as possible as you go, wiping off excess glue and grout will make your life so much easier later down the track when you're finishing up.

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Studio bathroom ready for Christmas

Hey @DIYgals 

I am just in love with your tile! Those vertical lines really make the bathroom feel sky high. 

Great tip about cleaning as you go, I would imagine the drier it gets the harder it is to get off!

Another incredible project under your belts, well done!

Katie

Prawns
Becoming a Leader

Re: Studio bathroom ready for Christmas

Wow looks fantastic - gotta be proud of your work :smile:   (and thanks for the tiling tip too lol - its a job i will probably have to do at one stage as well and Ive never tiled before either)

zoefuimaono
Just Starting Out

Re: Studio bathroom

@DIYgals 

Hey guys,

This looks amazing! How much did it cost you all up to complete? We are about to Reno our small bathroom in the sleepout.

Thanks heaps

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @zoefuimaono

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about the studio bathroom.

Let me tag @DIYgals to make them aware of your kind words and question. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the bathroom? I'm sure our members would be keen to see the area you're proposing to makeover. Will you be doing the same type of renovation? New vanity, toilet, and shower? If you have any questions we can help with, please let us know.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing the start of your bathroom renovation.

Eric

Hi @zoefuimaono ,

Thanks so much for your kind words. 

We built this on a pretty tight budget so I'll try and break down the costs as much as possible for you. 

Waterproofing (membrane, bond breakers etc) : $200

Tiles: $300

Glue, grout, silicone etc: $150

Shower screen: $180 (picked up a bargain on marketplace)

Tapware: $550

Toilet: $550

Vanity unit: $160 ( I made the doors out of timber I already had)

Total : $1540 

Areas we could easily cut costs further would be the tapware and toilet. I haven't included the cost of purchasing some of the tools we needed to do this project.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck with your project.

:smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects