Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

The laundry project

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

The laundry project

The laundry project - ongoing 

Top cabinets complete 

IMG_20210207_174716_300.jpg

We recently decided to upgrade our laundry. Originally we wanted to knock it down and move it into another section of our home but the alternative of upgrading the space is more feasable at the moment. 

IMG_2220.jpg

This project is likely to take a few months due to other commitments but here is some progress so far.

Before.

20210116_123406.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2172(1).jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2188(1).jpg

IMG_2213.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

More to come...

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
Freda1
Growing in Experience

Re: The Laundry project

Good work guys, we are definitely in the planning stages too. The end product is not to far away now, keep going.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @diy_hausdesigns,

That sounds like a fantastic project! If you'd like to supply the recessed area's internal measurements, we could hopefully put a render together for you. Would you consider removing the walls that impede access?

I'll be very interested in following your project and encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Freda1. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks you jumping into the conversation.

I'm sure @diy_hausdesigns appreciates your words of encouragement. We'd love to hear more about your project, and please feel free to start a discussion if you have questions or would like to share it with us. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration within the community as our amazing members contribute their projects here all the time.

Mitchell

Hi @MitchellMc  and @Freda1 

Thank you so much for the support and encouragement! We have actually started incorporating some cabinetry.

We are planning on keeping the walls either side to reduce reno work and instead utilise open shelves to reduce potential access issue. 

@MitchellMc I will be in contact once I finalize the design for the upper section. I am not too sure how to create a raised platform for the dryer and would love your assistance with this. 

----

@diy_hausdesigns,

Instead of placing the dryer on a raised platform, I would suggest you mount it to the studs with a Carinya Universal Clothes Dryer Wall Mount Kit. Once the mount kit supports the weight, you'll be free to add the platform underneath to finish the look.

Mitchell

@MitchellMc 

Thanks for the advice but after much consideration we decided to leave the dryer on the ground as we are likely to upgrade it at some point. 

Next on the list is removing the laundry trough and installing a new benchtop, cabinet for a sink and mixer - uncharted territory!

----

That sounds like a good idea, especially if you're considering an upgrade @diy_hausdesigns. I look forward to following along with the rest of the project.

Please let us know if you need any assistance.

Mitchell

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: The laundry project

Hello @diy_hausdesigns 

Fantastic mounting of the wall units! Excellent layout and good use of space.

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Re: The laundry project

Thanks @redracer01.

Really happy with the amount of storage we now have. Makes such a huge difference

Much appreciated.

Regards

----

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects