Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

The laundry project

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

The laundry project

The laundry project - ongoing 

Top cabinets complete 

IMG_20210207_174716_300.jpg

We recently decided to upgrade our laundry. Originally we wanted to knock it down and move it into another section of our home but the alternative of upgrading the space is more feasable at the moment. 

IMG_2220.jpg

This project is likely to take a few months due to other commitments but here is some progress so far.

Before.

20210116_123406.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2172(1).jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2188(1).jpg

IMG_2213.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

More to come...

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Laundry Reno Completed.

Hi all.

Finally finished the laundry Reno! Started with the overheads and eventually worked on the bottom thanks to the Melbourne 5 day lockdown.

After 

20210216_180248.jpg

IMG_20210214_213426_530.jpg

20210216_181309.jpg

20210216_181251.jpg

Before

IMG_20210214_213755_259.jpg

Regards all!

----

Re: Laundry Reno Completed.

Wow @diy_hausdesigns! What an upgrade and so many options for storage. Can you tell us a bit about your benchtop? Your laundry looks so much lighter and brighter. Thank you so much for sharing this project. I'm sure you will have inspired many others. Are you having a bit of a break now? Or do you have the next project in mind?

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful

Thanks @JaneK 

It's a 2400mm laminate marble look benchtop. We were on a budget and it made the cuts outs for the sink and mixer much easier to do !

I've got a few ensuite cabinets to build but I'll take a break for now ☺️

----

Congratulations @diy_hausdesigns. It looks fantastic. We will feature your handiwork on the Project Gallery as I'm sure it will inspire and inform other members interested in renovating their laundries.

Thanks for sharing.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@diy_hausdesigns  Hi just wondering if the open shelves where a flat pack from Bunnings  or where they custom made to suit? 
what wood/material was used?

thanks

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @marcus990. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

I trust @diy_hausdesigns will be more than happy to provide further details on their project, including how they made their open shelves. In other discussions and projects shared by @diy_hausdesigns, they have let us know that the inBuilt 16mm 1800 x 595mm Natural Wood Melamine Colourboard has been used to custom build these units. You can see another outstanding example of their custom work using these boards in their built-in robe project.

Do you have a laundry make-over in the works? We'd love to hear all about it and encourage you to share it with the wider community. I trust you'll find a tonne of inspiration within the community just like this project as our amazing members contribute their ideas here all the time.

Mitchell

Thanks @marcus990@MitchellMc has pointed you out to the right product. I'm a huge fan as it really achieves a nice finish. Best of luck if you are planning any work soon. Happy to share any tips and advice on using it too.

----

@MitchellMc thanks for the reply. Yes a small study book and laundry project wanting to incorporate some raw material into the spaces. @diy_hausdesigns Thanks for the reply, your laundry looks great thanks for the advice 

cheers

That sounds fantastic, @marcus990. I look forward to following along with your project. Please keep us updated and reach out if you need any assistance.

Mitchell

Re: The laundry project

Hi @diy_hausdesigns 

We have almost the exact laundry cupboard that you have updated and are looking to reno our laundry too.

The shelves that you made are great and I was wondering if you could tell me what sort of wood you used and how you made them.

Regards

Rob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects