Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Tiled laundry splashback

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Tiled laundry splashback

Tiled splashback 

20211120_182555.jpg

Recently tried my hand at tiling our laundry splashback around the sink area to ensure the walls stay dry (and for compliance purposes).

True be told this was a job I put off for a while. But after a quick trip to Bunnings and less that $100.00 plus a great instructional video of the bunnings website, I had this done surprisingly pretty quickly. 

Caulking - gap fill for bathrooms 

20211119_184608.jpg

Grouting (24hrs later)

20211119_182458.jpg

Tiles with adhesive 

20211118_210908.jpg

Layout 

20211118_183455.jpg

Before  

20211118_182904.jpg

What I loved most was the pre mixed tile adhesive and the pre mixed grout in a tube. This sped the job up so much. 

Super happy with the Outcome !

20211120_182555.jpg

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Tiled laundry splashback

Love your work @diy_hausdesigns! It's impressive that such a small functional project to meet compliance and prevent the wall from getting wet can completely change the benchtop area's look. I think the addition of the tiles in the corner improves the overall appearance.

Undoubtedly, seeing an achievable project like this provides our members with the confidence they need to give it a crack themselves. Many thanks for sharing your project and experience with us.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Tiled laundry splashback

Hi @diy_hausdesigns 

Your project came out so beautiful and simplistic, the clean white tiles makes your countertop's veins really stand out. Very well done!

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects