Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Toilet bowel water is leaking out of the base of the toilet onto the bathroom floor.

Daisy12
Finding My Feet

Toilet bowel water is leaking out of the base of the toilet onto the bathroom floor.

Toilet water is leaking from the base of the toilet to the tiled bathroom floor.  I suspect the toilet seal needs replacing.  Which products are available to fix the problem and how instructions as to how the seal can replaced would be much appreciated.  Thank you.  

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Toilet bowel water is leaking out of the base of the toilet onto the bathroom floor.

Hi @Daisy12,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're confident you will get plenty of helpful advice and inspiration from our members and look forward to reading all about your plans for around the house and garden. 

Can you please let us know the manufacturer and model of your toilet suite? If you don't know any details, please share some photos, including shots with the cover removed so our helpful members are able to provide assistance.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Toilet bowel water is leaking out of the base of the toilet onto the bathroom floor.

Hi @Daisy12,

There is no seal at the toilet base, so perhaps the leak is coming from elsewhere. If there is water on the floor and if this is an older style toilet, the most common leak point would be the flush pipe pan cone.

Looking forward to seeing some images of the toilet, as this will give me a better idea of where it might be leaky from.

Mitchell

Thanks Mitchell.   You were right.  Leak was from the water inlet valve.  Too bad it would have taken too long to get the parts needed from click and collect at Bunnings with the delays during lockdown, so had to pay for a plumber.

10CC5182-82AC-4FA6-B110-9546E4203D32.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@Daisy12,

I apologise that you weren't able to get the products needed in time. I know our team in-store is doing their very best to fulfil the unprecedented volume of orders they're receiving.

Please let us know anytime you need assistance with a project around the house and garden. We're here to help.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects