Would like to add extra storage space in my laundry or bathroom. I want to start DIY stuff in my home with recessed wall cavity shelves. The house is new built a year ago, but builder has given basic cabinets only. Can someone please put your thoughts on these?
Is this the right first project ( have no experience at all) to start with in DIY house stuff ?
Please suggest any better way of doing this other than below Bunnings video?
Obviously looking to save money by doing all stuff myself, but open to any suggestions also to spend extra for that great look.
Hi @ppp - congrats on a new build house! A photo of the area is always handy to help us, help you
There’s a lot of questions here to think about:
1. Do you have room to attach things to your walls instead of cutting holes into them? Eg., floating shelves, cubes etc.
2. If you choose to install niches (as per the video), do you have the tools, or if you buy the tools, will you use them again? Tools are useful if you’re committed to DIY, but get expensive if you only use them once.
3. Are you happy to learn on the job? Because mistakes can happen, it’s part of DIYing - often the best learning is from making mistakes.
My thoughts for what it’s worth, do get back to us, cheers Deb
1) Yes I have enough space for shelves and all but those are my future planned projects.
2) Yes I will buy all necessary tools as and when required. Also I have many projects in my mind but want to start with this one.
3)Yes I’m ready to learn and learn and
learn and improve on from mistakes.
Attached is the area where I want to add niche. But this is only 28cm wide - blue line.
if someone suggest any better suggestions, much appreciated .