Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Wallpapered bifold doors

ZaraYoung
Growing in Experience

Wallpapered bifold doors

I had this idea since we moved into this house as all our walls and ceilings are white and I wanted a pop of colour. I had never applied wallpaper before this so it took me a while to build up the courage to do it. It was a lot easier than I expected and I love how our laundry cupboard is now camouflaged into the wall.

I used sugar soap wipes to clean the walls and doors first, then I mixed up the adhesive from the Wallpaper Application Kit and I chose the Superfresco Easy Elegant Leaves Green Wallpaper which can be removed easily later on if I ever want to change it. I also used a craft knife to cut the wallpaper down to fit each door panel once it was applied so the doors could be opened.

The glue was simple to apply to the doors with the roller in the application kit and the wallpaper pattern was easy to line up by sliding the paper into place once it was semi-stuck to the wall. I still need to get a test-pot of paint colour-matched to the wallpaper so I can touch up the door edges but I'm really happy with how this turned out!

IMG_20220724_153607.jpg  IMG_20220723_155235.jpgIMG_20220723_155246.jpg  IMG_20220724_153422.jpg 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Wallpapered bifold doors

Hello @ZaraYoung

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your wallpapered bifold doors.

That wallpaper looks excellent and has not only hidden the bifold doors but your laundry area as well. I had to concentrate to see the handles from the background, but if you were to paint the handles the same colour they would be very difficult to spot.

Again, thank you for sharing your amazing wallpapered bifold doors project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects