Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Washing machine water inlet connection leaking from underneath?

emily94
Finding My Feet

Washing machine water inlet connection leaking from underneath?

6419A902-68B6-4037-AE81-B24DF3BE7ACE.jpeg

038A0BCB-5B23-4E41-B6B9-6AF4380B0ECC.jpeg

 Hi there, the hose connection to the tap for my washing machine is leaking from underneath (red circle in photo). Not a huge leak, but what could be causing this and how can I fix it? Thanks in advance!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Washing machine water inlet connection leaking from underneath?

Hello @emily94

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your washing machine inlet hose.

There are a few possibilities why the hose would leak. The first is that the O'ring has deteriorated and is letting water through. Next is that a crack has developed in the inlet housing. The last is that there could be something blocking the inlet hose causing it to overflow. 

I suggest removing the hose from the tap side and replacing the rubber O'ring of the washing machine hose. I recommend using FIX-A-TAP Stainless Steel Washing Machine Filter Washer or the Kinetic 12mm and 19mm Nut and Tail Washers. Make sure nothing is blocking the hose. I would also suggest looking carefully at the end to see if there are any cracks or splinters on the hose end.

Reconnect the hose and test it, if it continues to leak the hose may need replacement. I suggest using the BOSTON 2m Burst Alert Washing Machine Inlet Hose to replace your current hose.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Washing machine water inlet connection leaking from underneath?

Great thanks heaps Eric, I’ll give those a try

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects