Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Water not flowing from dual laundry taps

jeffk
Just Starting Out

Water not flowing from dual laundry taps

hi 

my dual laundry tap is 2yrs old. when I open tap water does not flow out. however the washing  machine tap works normal.

I did open the whole tap to check. Just wondering if the tap is stuck.

any help would be appreciated

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwi1xonKmJ_4AhWZfCsKHYBnCh0YABABGgJzZg&sig=AOD64_1UeaiEDSKz...

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Water not flowing from dual laundry taps

Hi @jeffk

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your laundry taps.

Your first hunch is correct the jumper valve has either been pushed in too far into the spindle seat or the rubber tap valve has torn off and stuck itself to the outlet. I suggest turning off your mains water before you open the main spindle to your laundry taps. I also recommend removing the hot side of the laundry tap so that you can compare both of the spindles. In this manner, you'll be able to see which part has failed.

You have two choices now, you can either bring both spindle parts with you to the store to make sure you get the correct spare parts or you can take a lot of photos and re-install the spindles so that everyone in the house can have the water back on. I personally recommend bringing the parts with you to make sure everything fits correctly.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your laundry taps repaired.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects