Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Waterproofing certification

Just Starting Out

Waterproofing certification

Hi there, can anyone tell us where we can go to learn how to becoming certified in waterproofing bathrooms, interior wet areas apparently this is a trade certified career?  

Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: water prrofing

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @hextor. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.


You would need to check your local states requirements but for example, according to NSW Fair Trading, to get a licence or certificate to do waterproofing, you need one of the qualifications listed below:


  • CPC31411/ CPC31408 Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
  • BCG31403 Certificate III in Waterproofing (General Construction)
  • Qualification 90464 Certificate III in General Construction (Waterproofing) TAFE course #8126.


To find organisations that offer nationally recognised training, go to and search by the course code or name.


We wish you all the best in your waterproofing course and look forward to you sharing the projects in which you apply it to.


Please let me know if you require further information or have any questions.




See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects