Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What silicone to seal the edges of a bathroom mirror?

tremas
Building a Reputation

What silicone to seal the edges of a bathroom mirror?

Hello

I have installed this mirror in my bathroom - the instructions recommend "Sealing the edges of the Mirror - Please allow 7 days before sealing the edges for the product to cure. Apply a thin layer of clear silicone caulking to the crease between the mirror frame and the wall...Clear silicone caulking is waterproof, which prevents any water from getting in underneath the mirror."

I'm just wondering what silicone to use, given that I had to use special mirror liquid nails to secure it onto the walls. Will Sellys wet area silicone be ok? Or might it have a negative impact on the mirror?

Here are similar instructions.

Thanks!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Installing bathroom mirror

Hi @tremas,

Was it the Selleys 310g Liquid Nails Mirror Metal And Glass Adhesive that you used to adhere the mirror? If so, that's a neutral cure silicone and can also be used to seal the mirror around its edge.

You'll need a neutral cure silicone, so I wouldn't suggest the Selleys 300g Wet Area Waterproof Silicone Sealant - Clear.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
tremas
Building a Reputation

Re: Installing bathroom mirror

Great, yes that was the one - will use that for sealing too!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects