Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What size Push n clip do i need for my 3.4 inch gal pipe?

Stupidman
Just Starting Out

What size Push n clip do i need for my 3.4 inch gal pipe?

Gday folks I am in need of a hand ! Currently fixing water leaks and my final repair is a old outdoor tap/pipe (gal) that corrosion got the best of so I am trying to cap it… I uncovered the pipe that leads to the leak, cut old pipe out after I tried undoing from joins (far to old ) so now I am thinking of the push n click fixture into thread but unsure what size I need… I measured pipe is 3.4 inch so is that 3/4? May seem silly to some people but I’m struggling and need a hand thanks

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What size Push n clip do i need for my 3.4 inch gal pipe?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Stupidman. It's great to have you join us. Please be assured that there are no stupid questions here on the Workshop community - we encourage and welcome people of all levels of knowledge and experience to join in the discussion and you will find our clever and creative members are sharing helpful advice and project inspiration on the site every day.

Let me tag wonderful and experienced members @JDE@Prawns and @Adam_W to see if they might like to kick off this discussion for you. Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL will also be happy to assist when he is back on the site on Friday. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the Workshop site. We're here to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What size Push n clip do i need for my 3.4 inch gal pipe?

Hello @Stupidman

Thank you for sharing your question about your galvanized pipe.

My colleague @Jason is correct, there are no stupid questions here in the Workshop community. If you have cut the galvanized pipe one of the ways to link up to it is to use a Holman 20mm PVC Repair Coupling Fitting. You can then attach a similar sized pipe to repair the damage. The compression fitting is PVC but is rated to work with glavanized pipe.

Would it be possible for you to post the sequence of repair or perhaps show a photo of the area you are trying to repair? When we see the current condition it is in, it will allow us to give you better advice.

If you need more information or advice, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects