Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Carport converted to storage room

Andreasawesome
Getting Established

Carport converted to storage room

My early 70’s house had a single arched entry carport that my car couldn’t fit in. It was built-in, using salvaged materials, lined with timber from an old wooden horse float and a raised floor using Bunnings tongue and groove sheets, covered in verge collected vinyl plank flooring. It has a mezzanine storage area, part of which snuggly fits a single mattress, which is handy. The room has serviced all manner of uses over the years. Currently it’s used for storage and sewing. 

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Carport converted to storage room

Hello @Andreasawesome,

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! It's a pleasure having you join us and we hope you're finding the site full of inspiring D.I.Y. ideas and handy advice for your home improvement and garden project. 

Thank you for sharing this terrific project. What a clever way of repurposing a carport and increasing storage space in your home. Did you run into any difficulties during this project? How did you overcome them?

This would make a great entry in our 2023 search for Australia's best D.I.Y. projects so I've gone ahead and submitted it for you.

Congratulations on this terrific project once again. 

Akanksha 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects