Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Divider needed for boundary of garage

Wouldy
Making a Splash

Divider needed for boundary of garage

IMG20211205065859.jpg

IMG20211205065921.jpg

I need something to create a division for the boundary of this garage. The boundary ends at the end of the brown brick pillar. Nothing to expensive. Needs to go all the way up and across. What can I do? Thanks 

Wouldy

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Divider needed for boundary of garage

Hi @Wouldy,

What's the purpose of this division? Is it just a visual barrier to stop people from seeing through or a physical barrier? Could a tarp be used strung up across the span, or perhaps you could use some shadecloth? What about building some frames out of 70 x 35mm MGP10 UT Pine Timber Framing - Linear Metre and cladding them with CustomWood MDF 3mm 2440 x 1220mm White Melamine Backing. The MDF wouldn't be great out in the weather, but it is cheap. Project Panel 1220 x 2440mm 3mm Premium BC Plywood would be longer lasting than MDF.

I'm keen to hear more about what sort of functionality you need out of this division.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@MitchellMc 

Hi. The division is to stop our neighbour going past the boundary. We agreed to let him store some furniture there. 

We have some spare tarp so I'm thinking we could use it to create that boundary. I'm not building something permanent. Maybe later though pending what I decide about this house for the future. 

pstq
Having an Impact

Does it have to be secure, or is it mostly to mark where the neighbour can't go? If it's just a marker, you could just put some rope across, or a low fence panel if you want it a bit more solid, like this one: https://www.bunnings.com.au/rapidfence-2400-x-900mm-galvanised-roll-top-wire-mesh-fence-panel_p02875...

Wouldy
Making a Splash

@pstq 

It can get windy here at times. I think I might stick with the tarp as I don't want to see what be is storing. I'm trying to fix up the place. Thank you for your suggestion though. 🙂

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects