Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garage storage makeover

lcooksey88
Having an Impact

Garage storage makeover

Love our garage make over to increase storage space & most importantly create a functional space for everyone! 

99732AFA-39D3-40A1-B0E9-29DF21262FAB.jpeg

93216477-FD2A-4576-A83A-5CFD554C2E10.jpeg

AB8D3B7C-80F2-4FAA-B271-849E3F3AC4A0.jpeg

76C5ED56-CFA2-4631-8C48-9297529D97B8.jpeg

D4C254D9-37C6-4D0E-AC7A-465E3E4FB0D8.jpeg

7EC1C0F5-C1C8-4964-8C15-2891EE75E92B.jpeg

D092BCAE-F47E-47C3-ABE9-C3F3A9FC7E34.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: garage storeage makeover

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @lcooksey88.

It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for sharing your garage storage project. You have certainly put together a dream garage set up and you should be very proud of your efforts! I'm sure you will be getting plenty of questions from community members about how you went about putting it all together and what combination of storage solutions you used. Personally, I'd like to know what the hook system used for the tools is - they look amazing and easily accessible.

We look forward to seeing more of your projects soon and I trust you'll find plenty of inspiration within the community. Please don't hesitate to post whenever you need assistance with a project or have something to share.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell, 

regarding the peg boards we used the 900x450 pinnacle ones- cut them down slightly to fit in our space, screwed them off to ply board that we screwed to the racking and placed a support bar at the back of the ply also onto the racking. 
To completed it also painted the ply black. 
completed the same process for the sides also. 

Hi @lcooksey88,

Many thanks for the additional details and congrats on a fantastic project once again.

Mitchell

Seaton
Having an Impact

Re: Garage storeage makeover

looks awesome, well done!!!

PinnacleHware
Just Starting Out

Hi @lcooksey88, we love your garage makeover and the many innovative ways you have demonstrated for using our products. 

Awesome job. Cheers, Pinnacle Hardware

Charles77
Finding My Feet

Great job @lcooksey88!!

Can I ask what @PinnacleHware components you used to assemble the workbench, attached shelving and overhead cabinetry?

What appeals to me is the ability to set the workbench at any height rather than the standard 900mm.

Thanks in advance, 

Charles

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings workshop community @Charles77.

It's great to have you join us and fantastic to see you jump straight into the conversation.  I trust @lcooksey88 will be able to give you details of the products used. Alternatively, I can try to work out from the pictures the exact items for constructing the workbench, shelving and cabinetry. We look forward to hearing about your own projects around the house and garden and I trust you'll find loads of inspiration for them within the community. We'd encourage you to post any time you need assistance or have something to share.

Mitchell

Hi, the shelving is the rack it 1000kg which we adjusted to our heights then used FJ Laminated tops as the bench. Behind the shelving we screwed a 9mm plywood sheet off, painted it black, ran a support bar along behind it for extra strength then mounted the peg boards & overheads to the ply (pinnacle slimline) Worked out really well in the end.

hope that helps you ☺️ 

5EAD3CB1-72F7-4107-A255-69052E5D7C5E.jpeg

Thanks for the detailed and prompt reply. That’s a huge help 😊

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects