Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garage storage, mudroom, and D.I.Y. workspace bench

onecoastalhome
Finding My Feet

Garage storage, mudroom, and D.I.Y. workspace bench

Our daily life entry way into the house is the garage. Anyone else find that it's always the case? Dreaming and creating a space where we can sit down, pop our shoes on, storage for miles so we don't have to trip over shoes again. And a little crafty DIY space for myself too. After completing this project, I feel a sense of a peaceful welcome home every time we drive into the garage. So happy with how our small project turned out.

Steps

Step 1

Assembled the wardrobe units and cube units as per manual

Step 2

Mount the top cube unit with metal brackets

Step 3

Built base frame under bench cube unit to the right seating height, and painted

Step 4

Join the units together as per manual

Step 5

Timber benchtop (cut to length by the friendly Bunnings team) placed on top of the drawer unit and supported by metal brackets

Step 6

Draw an arch with a pencil and string

Step 7

Paint arch and half wall

Step 8

Place in metal mesh shoe racks and seagrass cube inserts

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Garage storage, mudroom, and DIY workspace bench

Hi @onecoastalhome,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! It is awesome you have joined and thank you for sharing your fantastic garage storage project with us. I would love to come home to your cute project, it is definitely an inspiring space with your adding touches of colour. For someone inspired by your project and wants to tackle one of their own, do you have any words of advice?

Great projects like yours sometimes make it into one of our Top Ideas articles like the 10 mud room storage projects, you may even find yours in there one day. We hope you are finding us to be a great source of advice and inspiration. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
4burgozmumma
Finding My Feet

Re: Garage storage, mudroom, and D.I.Y. workspace bench

That looks amazing🤩

Love it! Well done🤩

I will definitely be taking some inspiration from your mudroom/entry/garage if you don't mind😁

Very creative😍

Re: Garage storage, mudroom, and D.I.Y. workspace bench

Hi @4burgozmumma,

We couldn't be happier to welcome you to the Bunnings Workshop community! It's great you are getting so much inspiration already. We cannot wait to see what you create. What will be your first project to tackle? If you have any questions along your D.I.Y. journey, please ask at anytime. Workshop is always there to help. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects