Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garage workbench

WoodenGregsWood
Making a Splash

Garage workbench

I needed a new workbench for the garage.  I pretty much made it up as I went along (no actual plans).     All it requires now is cupboard doors which I will add this weekend. 

20200209_142250.jpg

20200202_130547.jpg

20200201_142112.jpg

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: Garage workbench

@WoodenGregsWood that looks very slick! Are you planning on hanging any tools on a pegboard situation? I'm trying to sort out a work bench, I have cupboard space for the larger equipment but not sure how I'm going to mount the smaller tools.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Hi Mitchell, I wasn't planning on using any peg board on this one. I am going to build overhead cupboards that I will wall mount.

An idea for peg board would be to use it on the inside of the cupboard doors and hang the smaller tools there?

@WoodenGregsWood hadnt thought of that.... I might need to add an extra couple of hinges per door but that could be a great solution. Thanks!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

TempestSkye7
Having an Impact

If I'm seeing correctly in the photos, you used pocket-holes for joining the horizontal supports to the vertical oned in the frame? 

Thanks for joining in the discussion @TempestSkye7. Let me tag @WoodenGregsWood for you so he is alerted to your question. Are you building something similar?

Welcome to the Workshop community. We're really pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading all about your own projects and plans. We have amazing members sharing advice and inspiration on the site every day, so feel free to post anytime. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @TempestSkye7 , that is correct.  I used pocket holes through a lot of the bench.

Thanks for confirming that @WoodenGregsWood

Can I ask which pocket hole tool you use? And would you recommend it? 

Hi @TempestSkye7 I mostly use the Greg K5 and find it easy to use and very durable.

I also have the R3 which I use occasionally .

I would recommend both.

WoodenGregsWood
Making a Splash

FB_IMG_1581850500043.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects