Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garden Shed .. Colorbond or Timber

ChrisRee
Finding My Feet

Garden Shed .. Colorbond or Timber

Wanting to add a shed 3m x 3m x 2.1 to be used as outdoor Yoga/meditation/Retreat area need advice on what to install .. colorbond or timber 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Garden Shed .. Colorbond or Timber

Hi @ChrisRee,

I've had a look through our steel shed range to find some options that might suit your retreat idea. As sheds become notoriously hot in summer I believe something with a large door would be optimal. Whether you leave the door open whilst using the shed or use it just to vent the hot air out before you start. The Absco Sheds 3.0 x 3.0 x 2.53m Rural Shed - Woodland Grey and Absco Sheds 3 x 3 x 2.4m Monument Fortress Shed - Monument seem to have the largest openings in our range.

The timber options are interesting. I particularly like that the STILLA range of sheds can have a lean-to attached to them. If you installed this combination it would allow you to use the undercover outdoor space on days when the shed was just too hot.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell .. yes I like the Stilla Sheds. Owing to Council requirements here in Gympie Region sheds have to be 3m (L) x 3m (W) x 2.1m (H) to avoid council approval.  I have 2 x Western red cedar doors and 2 x silky oak drop windows to install .. so are there other options. Would want the flooring included or cement slab.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@ChrisRee,

Unfortunately, none of the Stilla sheds have a finished height of 2.1m which is quite low. Were you intending on installing the Western red cedar doors and silky oak drop windows into a Colorbond shed? You might like to have a look through our shed range for other options.

Our Colorbond sheds are designed to be placed on a concrete slab. The Stilla sheds have optional floor kits but they will raise their height even further.

Mitchell

Hi Mitchell

Yes, I wanted to use the Western Red Cedar doors and have decided not to use the windows.  

I noticed the height and I think going with 2.4m will be okay.  As you said the floor would raise the height even further but Council regs say 10sqm area so hopefully, this will suffice with the 2.4m.  Would be the same issue with the concrete slab but I think Council would allow this.

What would your suggestion be now - by the way was after Surfmist Colorbond to coordinate with the house.

Christine

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@ChrisRee,

Unfortunately, I've just spoken to Absco sheds, and Surf mist is not a colour available for the sheds I have suggested. Their current range comprises Classic Cream, Pale Eucalypt, Woodland Grey and Zinc. After speaking to one of our Special Orders team members and checking with all our suppliers, it appears none have Surf mist in their range of colours.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects