Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I insulate my tin back verandah?

marionm
Just Starting Out

How do I insulate my tin back verandah?

I have a tin verandah and the sun makes it very hot  how do i cool it down cost bearing in mind

ShaneOfAdelaide
Finding My Feet

Re: How do i insolate my tin back veradah

Without knowing the exact details of your verandah I can only offer general advise. That said, I think ventilation would give you the biggest bang for your buck 😉. Allowing the hot air to vent out the top can at least reduce the temperature to ambient. I installed this on my tin shed, and it can make 10 degrees difference on hot days https://www.bunnings.com.au/ezylite-black-diy-static-roof-vent_p0820197. If you aren't worried about rain leaking in then a cheaper option could be https://www.bunnings.com.au/haron-100-x-75mm-silver-aluminium-pressed-wall-vent_p0810902. Just remember to take care when working at heights. I don't want anyone falling off a roof trying to follow my suggestion. 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @marionm. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question about insulating a verandah.

It's great to see @ShaneOfAdelaide has promptly jumped into the discussion to assist. As they've mentioned our members would be much better placed to assist you with your project if they knew some more details surrounding what type of roof it has. Is this verandah enclosed? Perhaps you might like to post some pictures for us to see. The most recent discussion on this topic was How to add insulation to a sunroom with Colorbond roof? which you might get some ideas from.

We'll be looking forward to hearing more details about your project and assisting.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

A big welcome to you also, @ShaneOfAdelaide and many thanks for assisting.

We look forward to hearing all about your projects and plans around the house and garden and encourage you to reach out anytime you need assistance or have something to share with our members.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Flyingdoormat
Getting Established

Re: How do I insulate my tin back verandah?

Yeah, some photos would be great @marionm so we can see your setup. Maybe just a fan is all you need?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects