Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to access engineering plans for Mimosa gazebos?

Helder
Finding My Feet

How to access engineering plans for Mimosa gazebos?

How do I access engineering drawings for Mimosa 4.27 x 3.69 x 3.23m Wooden Gazebo?

I want to apply for a permit with the local council to build the above gazebo on my backyard but they're asking for engineering drawings otherwise no permit. I showed them the installation instructions with dimension drawings but no luck.

How do other customers normally go with permits for this large gazebo?Pic1.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Mimosa Portsea Semi Permanent Louvre Gazebo 3.0x3.0 and 3.0x4.0 Engineering Certificates

Hi @Neil_k,

Unfortunately, these semi-permanent gazebos are not rated for cyclonic conditions and do not have kits available for such. Form 15's are not something our supplier can provide as they are site-specific; they can be obtained through private certifiers though.

If you are in a cyclonic region it might be best to consider a more permanent gazebo solution that has been engineered to suit your specific council requirements.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Neil_k
Getting Established

Re: Mimosa Portsea Semi Permanent Louvre Gazebo 3.0x3.0 and 3.0x4.0 Engineering Certificates

Hi Mitchell,

thanks for your response. All ok and understood.

Cheers

Neil

Re: Engineering plans for Mimosa 3.6 x 6m Lava Portsea Louvre Semi Permanent Gazebo

Hi Mitchell,

My wife and I have been looking at either two of the Mimosa Portsea 3x3m Louvre Semi Permanent Gazebos or one of the Mimosa Portsea 3.6x6m Portsea. We went to our local Bunnings and they didn't believe that Structural Engineering was provided with the 3x3m however to submit for a building permit for 2 of the 3x3's or one of the 3.6 x 6m it would be required. Unfortunately we're not going to place an order for them without being able to get the Structural Engineering compliance documentation. I can see for the above message and another to someone else that engineering is available so would it be possible to email it through to me?

Thanks,

Nick

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Engineering plans for Mimosa 3.6 x 6m Lava Portsea Louvre Semi Permanent Gazebo

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Nick23. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about gazebo plans and certificates.

I've just now emailed you through the plans for the Mimosa 3.6 x 6m Lava Portsea Louvre Semi Permanent Gazebo. 

Please give me some time to get the 3x3 meter Lava Portsea plans. As soon as I have them, I'll email it to you as well.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Nick23

Many thanks for your patience. I've sent those extra plans through to your email.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Eric

ElleCann
Finding My Feet

Engineering plans for Mimosa 3.6 x 6m Lava Portsea Louvre Semi Permanent Gazebo

Hi guys.  I need the engineering plans for the Mimosa 3.6 x 6m Lava Portsea Louvre Semi Permanent Gazebo to submit for the council building permit.  Would you be able to send them to me?  Many thanks. 

- Eloise

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @ElleCannIt's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question on engineering plans for your gazebo. 

My apologies, our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL is currently away but I'm sure he will be happy to assist you with your query once he's back online on the site later today. We understand that the provision of these plans is an essential part of the permit process and will endeavour to help as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

Akanksha

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @ElleCann 

Allow me to welcome you as well to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us.

I've just now emailed you through the plans for the Mimosa 3.6 x 6m Lava Portsea Louvre Semi Permanent Gazebo.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

Re: engineering plans for Mimosa 3.6 x 6m Lava Portsea Louvre Semi Permanent Gazebo

Thank you so much Eric - I really appreciate it. 

George001
Just Starting Out

engineering plans

0905CFDB-1242-41FA-8147-E7AF187E425B.png

Hi I am looking for where I can get engineering plans for the Mimosa 3 x 4 Portsea semi permenant gazebo 

I/N: 0372489

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects