Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a simple ramp for elevated shed?

totocol
Building a Reputation

How to build a simple ramp for elevated shed?

Hi there,

I ordered from my local Bunnings a Stilla Painted Mosman shed with the heavy duty flooring kit. I want to have the shed a little bit elevated from the ground to protect it from the moisture since that area gets a fair bit of water and it’s currently covered with gravel. 

I want to decide how high it can be but I’d like to know the simplest way to build a small ramp to get things in and out of the shed (wheelbarrow, lawn mower, etc) 

just hoping for some simple ideas to get me started and hopefully with materials simple to get at my local store. 

thanks 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Simple ramp for elevated shed

Hi @totocol,

I reckon a couple of these Sherlock Aluminium Folding Ramps would get the job done for you. They'd be easy to pull out when needed and store away neatly. We also have the Pfeiffer 100 x 600mm Multi Use Handi Ramp that could suit depending on the height. Alternatively, you'd likely be looking at constructing something with H3-treated Pine or perhaps sleepers cut to an angle.

A more permanent solution would be to build some formwork and pour yourself a concrete ramp.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects