Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build snake barrier inside garage door?

Steve5
Having an Impact

How to build snake barrier inside garage door?

Hi,

I've installed some equipment in my garage so I'm looking for a way to keep the snakes out while I'm working in the garage with the door open.  The garage has besser block walls and a 4.8m sectional roll up door.

My original thought was to build a screen wall with a 800mm swing door attached to the garage opening that would keep out snakes and flies but the architectural committee (wife) said too ugly.

Now, I'm thinking about building a 1.2m high snake mesh fence just inside the garage door.  I've built a similar fence around a small dog run (see attached) but wanted to see if anyone had any brilliant ideas for something more creative.

If I build the snake mesh fence, I'd need to use metal U brackets bolted to the concrete floor for posts.  

It might be easier getting a tight seal with an accordion door vs. a wood frame gate.

Thanks!

Snake Fence .jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build snake barrier inside garage door?

Will this be a permanent connection/hinge point so the gate can fold back @Steve5? If so, the first thing that comes to mind is folding over a Kinetic 15mm Copper Pipe Saddle Clip and wrapping it around the wire. You can then install a wall plug into either the front face or the side of the wall and screw through the two holes of the saddle into the wall plug. This will create a hinge and allow the gate to be folded off to the side. I've made another rendering for you, as that description is difficult to follow.

Alternatively, we have Whites Mesh Panel Galvanised Fixing Clips, which will do just about the same job.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects