Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to choose a mitre saw?

sockz
Just Starting Out

How to choose a mitre saw?

need help on choosing a mitre saw  

i will be doing a small house reno 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to choose a mitre saw?

Hello @sockz 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about how to choose a mitre saw.

When choosing a Mitre Saw, I always recommend looking at the features that will make the job easier. A spindle lock allows you to change blades quickly. An LED shadow line or laser guide will help with precision cutting. A dual bevel feature will let you cut timber without having to flip the timber piece over. A compound feature will let you extend the cut of the saw to a much longer length than an ordinary mitre saw. 

The Mitre Saw Blade also plays a role in the quality of the cut. A quality blade will provide a longer service life and make cutting timber a much easier process. There are also sets that come with a mitre saw stand. This allows you to cut long pieces of timber without having to set up saw horses. It sounds like an extensive project. Any updates you can provide while building it would be much appreciated.

Let me tag our experienced members @TedBear and @Adam_W  for their recommendations.

Here is a handy guide: How To Choose Mitre Saws 

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects