Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to clean mould from Colorbond shed ceiling?

bazz235
Getting Established

How to clean mould from Colorbond shed ceiling?

My colorbond shed has mould on the interior of the roof. The shed has a lot of stuff in it that I'm not keen on moving out.

What's the best non-mess way to clean the mould from the colorbond ceiling?

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to clean mould from Colorbond shed ceiling?

Hello @bazz235,

Thanks for your question. Are you able to provide some photos of the mould stains on your shed's roof? This will help our members get a better idea of what you are dealing with and they can provide more tailored advice. Please do be careful if you're climbing a ladder to take photos of the roof. Refer to How to use ladders safely for handy tips.

Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL's guide How to remove mould stains from walls might also be helpful while waiting for more advice from our helpful members.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to clean mould from Colorbond shed ceiling?

HI @bazz235,

I'd start by grabbing a mop and a bucket of warm water and Sugar Soap. You can protect the items in your shed with drop sheets. If the mould is only on the surface, then simply running over it with the mop should do the job. Wring out the mop before wiping the roof so you don't drop excess water. If it's stubborn, you could switch to a bleach and water mixture and a mild scrubbing brush. Remember your PPE, including safety glasses and a face mask.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects