Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to insulate a Colorbond shed roof?

Alex75
Finding My Feet

How to insulate a Colorbond shed roof?

B611B8F1-2360-4A3A-B7E1-7081BE29B5FF.jpeg

Hi all, I just built a colorbond shed 5x3.4m and it gets extremely hot inside. The walls are protected from the sun but the roof gets it directly most of the day. Just wondering what’s the best insulation to put on the inside roof? Also how do you stick it to the roof. Thank you everyone. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: colorbond shed roof insulation

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Alex75. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about insulating a shed roof.

There's been plenty of previous discussions on insulating a shed roof:

I trust you'll find plenty of helpful information in those discussions for your project. Foam insulation is becoming a popular choice for insulating shed roofs as it is rigid and easy to work with. It can be glued to your roof, or you can install timber batons across your beams and screw it onto those.

You might also want to also consider some ventilation for the shed, as even with insulation, the heat will still build up within it. 

Have a read through those previous discussions and please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you very much Mitchell, some great advice there and I will look through those feeds. 

do you think the “

Ametalin 1500mm x 20m ThermalLiner Roof and Wall Shed Insulation

would work as well? And can that be glued on as well? 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Alex75,

Our apologies, I just noticed that it looks like we missed your follow-up question. So sorry for that. Do you still need assistance? How is your project going?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects