Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to insulate a garage roof?

Jen33
Just Starting Out

How to insulate a garage roof?

Our double garage has no ceiling, lining or insulation under the dark blue colourbond roof and it gets incredibly hot in summer. I’d like to retro fit some form of insulation and so I’m looking for ideas how I could do this. It’s a steel framed garage with no trusses as such, so nothing to lay a ‘ceiling’ on. Wondering if foilboard could be used and how it could be attached? Or if I could attach something like chicken wire to the steel and use that to hold up some form of foil insulation?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: insulating a garage roof

Hello @Jen33 

Thanks for sharing your question about insulating your garage roof. This has been a very popular topic with our members. I suggest having a look at this discussion - How to insulate a Colorbond shed roof? by @Alex75. You'll find some excellent suggestions in the linked discussions.

Would it be possible for you to post a few photos of your garage ceiling? Once our members see your roof, they'll be able to assess its configuration. We can then make recommendations on what can be installed in your roof.

If you need a hand posting the photos, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects