Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to insulate a garage tilt door?

lydp

How to insulate a garage tilt door?

I have an internal entry attached garage with a tilt door. Is there any way I can insulate the tilt door as the garage gets extremely hot in the afternoon and if the internal door is accidently left open the whole house gets super heated.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: roller door

Hello @lydp

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your roller door.

I can only imagine how hot it must get inside your house to be superheated by accidentally leaving the internal door open. There are a few insulating materials you can use to insulate your garage door.

Some of them are: 

These are all effective insulators, the tricky part is the actual installation of the insulation to your garage door. Would it be possible for you to post a full picture of the back of your garage door? We can then assess your garage door for mounting options. One other thing you can do is to install a Lemaar Black Adjustable Standard Door Closer to keep the internal door closed. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please don't hesitate to post them.

We look forward to seeing the photos.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to insulate a garage tilt door?

Hi @lydp,

Just checking in to see how you are progressing with your insulation project? I trust Eric's reply was helpful. Did you need any assistance uploading some photos so we can offer more specific help? Let us know if we can assist further - we're here to help.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects