Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to insulate garage ceiling?

Nancy12
Growing in Experience

How to insulate garage ceiling?

HardieFire.jpgHi, 

I have moved to my new house for a year. The garage is super hot in the summer. I want to insulate the garage ceiling before summer coming. I have no idea about what product I should use, how to do it and what tools do I need.  Do I need to insulate the garage door as well?  It will be great if I can get some advice.

Thank you very much

Nancy

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to insulate garage ceiling?

Hello @Nancy12

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about insulating your garage ceiling.

It's great that you've decided to insulate your garage ceiling. Here are a few things to consider before buying your insulation.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to insulate a ceiling

Let me tag our experienced members @TedBear and @tom_builds for their recommendations.

Every state has its own rules regarding the installation of ceiling insulation. Some need permits, others require that you be a licensed installer. I recommend checking with the local council in your area to find out what the regulations are. Please keep us updated.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects