Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to insulate garden shed walls and roof

arpad
Just Starting Out

How to insulate garden shed walls and roof

Have some anticon and some eco wool insulation was wondering how to keep on the walls many thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to insulate garden shed walls and roof

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @arpad. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing insulation in a shed.

Typically these types of insulations are sandwiched between two surfaces. Perhaps you could hold the insulation in position with string whilst you clad over it with 2440 x 1220mm 6mm MDF Panel Standard. The MDF panels could be screwed into the shed's structure with self-tapping screws

If you didn't want to clad the walls, you could potentially use insulation strapping fixed between the shed's structural members. This would be similar to how you'd install underfloor insulation but instead would hold the insulation back against the wall.

I'd encourage you to check out this Best Advice article on How do you add insulation to a garage or shed?.

Insulating sheds is a popular topic within the community, and you might like to read through these previous discussions for ideas:

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Bondy2
Getting Established

Thanks Mitchell, I'm making slow progress in between rain showers. The concrete slab went down 2 days ago and I now have the roof on and starting on framework. My plans - corrugated steel exterior, Ametalin Silver foil with reflective silver side facing out i.e towards the vertical corrugations for the airspace  (Summer heat is a major problem). Earthwooll (90mm) sandwiched between studs. Then interior lining of OSB Braceboard. I cant wait to move my wood turning lathe into the new space. 

Ritar
Cultivating a Following

Thank you for the information Mitchell. Summer is approaching so I had better get started with this and sort something out. I'll check out the articles you mentioned.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects