Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to make a window in the workshop?

Nigar
Just Starting Out

How to make a window in the workshop?

Our big workshop is converted in a room where there is a transparent glass like a window. Can this be opened and converted into a window 

B7ACA69C-C0D8-4F2C-8A43-325A60BEC395.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Making a window in the Workshop

Hello @Nigar

Welcome to the Bunnings Worskhop community. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about making a window in your workshop. 

I suggest measuring the opening and having a look at your options for window sizes. Unfortunately, the store doesn't carry any ready to go window kits. Our current providers currently only do aluminium windows. However, I can't recall if they still do custom sizes. Let me give them a call tomorrow to make sure if they still offer this service. As soon as I have more information, I'll get back to you. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to make a window in the workshop?

Hi @Nigar,

We can order custom-made windows from one of our suppliers Stegbar. If you speak with a helpful team member at your local store's Special Orders desk and let them know the size you're after, they can place an order for you.

You could find that pre-built window modules fit pretty nicely in this space. Check out this handy online tool that assists in working out what window frames you can use. It might be more budget-friendly to slightly adjust your outer frame size to accommodate pre-made frames than to have something custom-made.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects