Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to mount Arlec solar LED fence lights?

emyoma
Just Starting Out

How to mount Arlec solar LED fence lights?

Hey Bunnings,  how do I use the supplied mounting kit to mount the lights to the top rail of a colorbond fence?  Lugs are bigger than the hole in the light.  I've drilled a 4.5mm hole, but lug still doesn't fit through it.  I feel that if I go to 5mm that it won't hold the lug to screw into.  Thank you!

20211221_191436.jpg

20211221_191400.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Arlec Solar LED fence lights

Hello @emyoma

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your Arlec Solar LED lights.

The screw kit that came with the Arlec LED Solar Fence Light - 4 Pack is for timber and brick installation only. If you wish to install it onto a Colorbond fence, I suggest using Zenith 8G x 30mm Galvanised Countersunk Head Metal Screws. These are galvanized self-tapping metal screws. My number one tip for this project is to tap the screw point with a Trojan 4mm Centre Punch and do not over-tighten the screws. The center punch will prevent the screws from dancing around while drilling into the steel. Since Colorbond is only light gauge steel, it's not necessary to put too much pressure on the screw. Your goal is to have it firm and tight.

If you have any other questions regarding this project, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
peter84st
Getting Established

Re: How to mount Arlec solar LED fence lights?

They need to say how to remove the battery tab.   Opening the compartment is not obvious.

https://youtu.be/BGoiQ2COsl0?si=h6kCIpnc_V3QnJK1https://www.productreview.com.au/reviews/8805bc35-0f...

Thanks to Alex Chasapis on Product Review for the video.

Re: How to mount Arlec solar LED fence lights?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @peter84st. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for adding to the discussion.

We appreciate your feedback on the difficulties you've experienced opening the battery cover on your unit. Thanks for sharing the video, and I'll pass it on to Arlec so they can take a look at including additional instructions.

We look forward to hearing about your project and plans around the house and garden. Please reach out anytime you need assistance or have something to share with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects