Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to order spares for Ryobi Wet-and-Dry Workshop Vacuum?

VulcanJohn
Building a Reputation

How to order spares for Ryobi Wet-and-Dry Workshop Vacuum?

Hi there, last September I bought a 1400W Ryobi 20L Wet-and-Dry vacuum cleaner for my shed/garage area, model number RVC-1420C-G. It has been brilliant, right up to this afternoon when it lost its suck and made a weird noise! The cause was quick and easy to find and was because the paper collection bag, though not full, had blown itself apart. No problem I thought, I'll just buy a replacement and get some spares for the future as well. BUT... this model isn't even listed on the Bunnings website now. I also checked Ryobi's site  and there is no mention of the machine or replacement bags. The bags are consumable items so what to do? Can I return the machine to my local branch and exchange it for one that is supported? The machine can be operated without the collection bag and just using the HEPA canister filter but the whole point of the bags is to contain all the dirt, dust and filth so you don't get covered in it when you empty the machine (yes, Mr Dyson, I'm looking at you! haha).

Thoughts and suggestions please.

JohnScreen Shot 2023-01-28 at 22.39.07.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Spares for Ryobi Wet-and-Dry Workshop Vacuum

Hi @VulcanJohn,

We'd certainly return a machine that is not supported within that short amount of time. However, you'll find that the Powerfit 20L Dust Bag - 3 Pack suit your machine as these are the replacement bags. They are not branded Ryobi, but Ryobi's parent company supplies them. 

Sorry about the confusion.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Spares for Ryobi Wet-and-Dry Workshop Vacuum

Hi @MitchellMc 

Thanks for the quick reply, hopefully this will also help anyone else stuck in the same situation. I can see the Powerfit ones on the Bunnings site so will grab a pack next visit.

Cheers

JohnIMG_1057.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects