Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stick mirror on brick wall?

Thierry
Building a Reputation

How to stick mirror on brick wall?

Hi Team of expert

Can anyone please advise how to stick the mirror on the brick wall?

IMG20220313152257.jpg

IMG20220313152307.jpg

What do i need to buy?

Thanks

Thierry

Thierry
Building a Reputation

Re: how to stick mirror on brick wall

Hi Mitchell

1. Given the fact i and opened and purchased the wrong product, can I request a refund for the liquid nails?

2. Can I only use the mounting corners without any glue?

If yes, what are the mounting corners i need for the 2 mirrors sticked next to each other? Each mirror is 7kg.

3. How about using mastic?

Is "Selleys 310g Liquid Nails Mirror Metal And Glass Adhesive" better option than mastic?

Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I'm sure our team at your local store will be able to look after you with an exchange @Thierry. Please just let them know that the incorrect product was recommended to you by a Bunnings team member. If you have any difficulties, just let me know.

You can use the mounting corners without glue but I'm not aware of any for mirrors hard up against each other.

Mastics are not overly used these days. Typically, specific adhesives like the Liquid Nails mirror would be superior. However, the mastic previously used looks like it did a good job.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Thierry
Building a Reputation

Hi Mitchell

What I meant regarding the 2 mirrors , i want to put them together . What mounting corners for the 2 mirrors together to buy? I think will need 2 on both top and bottow middle.

Ok, I will be only considering mounting corner.

IMG20220327144043.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I'm not aware of any corner pieces you can use on the two corners you are placing together in the middle @Thierry. You'd need to have a space between the mirrors instead of having them hard up against each other. I didn't realise you wanted one large mirror instead of three separate ones when I recommended the corners.

Mitchell

Thierry
Building a Reputation

Hi Mitchell

See the final results.

I removed the old mastic.

I did 3 vertical fat lines on each mirror with 2 tubes of liquid nails mirror - Very insane price (over 200% MORE EXPENSIVE) for such smaller size compared to the normal ones...

IMG-20220327-WA0007.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Many thanks for updating us on your project @Thierry. I'm glad to see you've got that sorted.

Please let us know anytime you need assistance around the home or garden or have something to share with the community.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects