Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Makita standard charger capabilities

justin_low_123
Just Starting Out

Makita standard charger capabilities

I'm looking at getting this drill driver set: https://www.bunnings.com.au/makita-lxt-18v-2-x-1-5ah-cordless-drill-driver-kit_p6240347

My question is, will the standard charger that comes with this set also be able to charge batteries with larger amps?

For example this 18v 5.0ah lithium battery : https://www.totaltools.com.au/106667-makita-18v-5-0ah-lithium-ion-battery-bl1850bl

that I plan to purchase for a cordless circular saw.

CleanShot 2021-05-13 at 20.51.36@2x.pngCleanShot 2021-05-13 at 20.51.17@2x.png

Cheers,

Justin

J_Smart
Cultivating a Following

Re: Makita standard charger capabilities

Hi,

It's a good looking drill set.

The Makita charger will charge all 18V batteries in their range. The larger capacity batteries (eg 5ah) will just charge slower as their capacity holders more charge overall.

Good luck with your purchase.

- Josh

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @justin_low_123. It's fabulous to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

It's wonderful to see you've already received an answer to your question from @J_Smart. I can confirm that the Makita 18V 5.0Ah Lithium-Ion Battery With Gauge can be charged by the charger included in the Makita LXT 18V 2 x 1.5Ah Cordless Drill Driver Kit

Please let u know if you have other questions or need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

A big welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community to you too, Josh @J_Smart. It's wonderful to have someone as knowledgeable as yourself join us.

We look forward to hearing all about your projects and plans around your home and garden. Please reach out if you ever have something to share or need any assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects